Fernewaldstrasse 62 · Sterkrade · D-46145 Oberhausen
 
Transportation and Container Service GmbH • Transportation & Commercial Vehicles Service GbR
Phone: +49 (0)208 610610 · Fax: +49 (0)208 6106161
 
 
Company History
 
 
The name Timmerhuis (today Timmerhaus) dates back to the 15th century and has always been located in Sterkrade Tackenberg. Like many others in those days, the family members were farmers. At the beginning of the 20th century, in the age of industrialisation, additionally to farming, Heinrich Timmerhaus carried bulk materials and steel products for the refinery Gutehoffnungshütte, a task the company is still performing today.
 
Heinrich Timmerhaus junior (born 1918) continued to run the transportation business, and in the course of mechanisation, the first motor-driven woodgas-powered vehicles were acquired, amongst other purposes for the use in the farming business. After the war, the company was busy helping to reconstruct the Ruhr area so that long-distance transports were temporarily cancelled.
In 1985, Heinz-Willi Timmerhaus founded the Timmerhaus Spedition und Transporte (Shipping and Transport) company. Not only the national and international long-distance traffic was extended but, due to the technical progress, the offers could be market-tailored. Heinz-Willi Timmerhaus specialized in transportation of all kinds with a focus on heavy-load and special-load transportation.
 
 
 
 
webdesign by rpa-com
 
© 2005-09 by Timmerhaus Spedition